LOCAL RULES EFFECTIVE: 29TH MARCH 2021
OUT OF BOUNDS & COURSE BOUNDARIES (RULE 18)
- A ball played over any fence or hedges bordering the course is out of bounds.
- A ball played in or over the river bordering the 12th and 15th holes is out of bounds.
- A ball played to the left of the line of white posts when playing the 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th, 12th and 15th holes is out of bounds.
- A ball played beyond the line of white posts at the back of the 5th and 6th holes is out of bounds.
Please note: Out of bounds is defined by the line between the course-side points at ground level of white posts.
INTERNAL OUT OF BOUNDS – 12TH HOLE
- During play of the 12th Hole the 17th fairway and surrounds on the RIGHT of the 12th, defined by white stakes is out of bounds.
- These stakes are treated as boundary objects during the play of Hole 12. For all other holes, they are immovable obstructions.
PENALTY AREAS (RULE 17)
- All Penalty areas are marked with Yellow or Red marker posts or lines to define the penalty areas on the course.
- Relief may be taken under Rule 17.1d under 1 penalty stroke.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (RULE 16)
- The following are immovable obstructions from which a player may take relief from interference under Rule 16.1:
- The Pump House and Water Tanks on the left of the 12th hole.
- The Pump House and Fence on the left of the 15th hole.
- All artificially surfaced roads, paths and steps on the course, including the carriageway to the right of the 1st, 2nd and 9th holes and including the sides and edging of the same.
- All course furniture, including internal fences, tee markers, marker posts, yardage markers, signs, signposts, benches, ball washers, life-saving equipment, practice nets, and waste bins should be treated as immovable obstructions. Newly created ‘Bug Hotels’ should also be treated as immovable obstructions.
- All sprinkler heads, hydrants, man-made covers and drainage covers. In addition, when a ball lies in the general area, interference also exists if an immovable obstruction is: on the player’s line of play, and is within two club-lengths of the putting green and is within two club-lengths of the ball. The player may take relief under Rule 16.1b. (Exception – There is no relief under this Local Rule if the player chooses a line of play that is clearly unreasonable.)
PROTECTION OF TREES (RULE 16)
- Trees marked with stakes, protected by wire guards, supported by wires, or otherwise clearly marked or protected are no play zones.
- If a player’s ball lies anywhere on the course other than in a penalty area and it lies on or touches such a tree or such a tree interferes with the player’s stance or area of intended swing, the player must take relief under Rule 16.1f.
ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS: GROUND UNDER REPAIR (RULE 16)
- Play is prohibited from all areas of ground under repair - The player MUST take relief under Rule 16-1.
- Ground under repair is defined by any area encircled by a white line, or roped off areas, or signposted as GUR.
- All unrepaired course work is ground under repair.
- Areas in bunkers where sand has been removed by the movement of water, resulting in deep furrows through the sand, are ground under repair.
ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS: DAMAGE BY ANIMALS (RULE 16)
- In the general area, areas of damage caused by rabbits, deer, birds or other animals are treated as ground under repair from which relief is allowed under Rule 16.1b.
RELIEF FROM AERATION HOLES (RULE 16)
- If a player's ball lies in or touches an aeration hole on the Putting Green, the player may take relief under Rule 16.1d.
- But interference does not exist if the aeration hole only interferes with the player's stance or on the player's line of play.
NO PLAY ZONES: (RULE 16.1f)
- Newly created ‘wild’ areas defined by blue stakes are No Play Zones. Free relief MUST be taken from these no play zones under Rule 16.1f.
10TH HOLE DROP
- If a player’s ball lies anywhere in the temporary marquee by the 10th hole, or the marquee interferes with the player’s stance or area of intended swing, the player must take relief by dropping in the drop zone - marked by white line
Braintree Golf Club